| SHOP |

Bio

Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, July 12, 2010

Wonder Woman


Still needs a bit of work, but here's the pic of Wonder Woman vs Giganta that I've been working on for a week and a half. It's featuring Giganta more so because I wanted to do a fierce warrior looking version of her compared to the new modern take on her in the comics. Also I stuck with the regular Wonder Woman costume style as opposed to the new tights and jacket look. Not hating on it, but for a Amazonian-sized battle I figured Amazon clothing will do.

I need to work on my lighting techniques as well. This pic right now lacks the drama that an epic warrior battle should have. I need the darks of Frazetta, gloss of Luis Royo or the sexiness Julie Bell's muscled women have in their pics. I gotta turn it up just a notch to reach the place I want to be in my art and this pic was definitely a huge leap for me.



Wonder Woman and Giganta are copyrighted characters by DC comics
all other images in this post are done by Luis Royo, Boris Vallejo & Julie Bell, Simon Bisley and Frank Frazetta respectively.

No comments: