| SHOP |

Bio

Chicago, Illinois, United States

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hats off to DJ Drama


About a month ago I was checking out some of the new videos on MTV Jams ( the only place to see music videos throughout the day on television now) and peeped the vid for DJ Drama's "We in this..." which features the likes of his Grand Hustle boss T.I., Ludacris, Young Jeezy and newcommer Future.

What caught my eye was the wonderful bevy of fitted caps in this clip. Now the track is historic in itself for being the first time Luda and T.I ever officially collaborated on a track together and seen in a music video together (for a few years the two had a bit of a minor fued going on). However the stand out for me is the cap worn by the host of the track himself, Mr. Drama. I stood and applauded once I recognized the eagle shaped emblem on the front of his New Era branded fitted. It is the symbol for Marvel comics government funded superhero tracking team S.H.I.E.L.D.

It stands out because of the fact that not only is he wearing a comic book logo on his hat and not the typical sports team that represents his home town but it also as I've found out glows in the dark. I have to say that it is pretty cool of his to wear something that is usually classified as geeky in video with such street cred. Plus it was perfect timing to wear it in the video because the mega hit "Avengers"film, which features S.H.I.E.L.D, was released around the same time video made it's debut. I don't think that was coincidental just good marketing.

So hats off to DJ Drama. In a rap video full of big name stars and nice caps, despite not saying one line in the song, still managed to outshine them all.

No comments: